Stoptech 120.47011CRY Cyro Treated Brake Rotor Rear (03-05 Subaru Impreza WRX)
Not all replacement rotors are created equally. Cryo-Stop Premium Rotors deliver durability and appearance-enhancing features at a great price ¿ without cutting corners.
Cryo-Stop utilizes an Electrocoating (E-coating) finish as a corrosion barrier and rotors are cryogenically treated as well, for durability and strength. They are manufactured using Original Equipment specifications and production processes to meet QS and ISO Quality System Standards.
- Premium black E-coating finish to combat corrosion on the rotor hat and between the cooling vanes
- Cryogenically treated to greatly enhance durability
- Castings include all O.E. details including all extractor and set screw holes
- O.E. fin designs
- Double disc ground finish
- Fully machined finish including rotor hats
- 100% inspected and mill-balanced
- Lateral runout held to 0.002" or less
The rotors' E-coating finish, an electrostatically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of saltwater exposure without rusting, provides long lasting corrosion protection.
- Uniform coating thickness over all areas including sharp corners, recesses and areas that would be hard to reach with spray painting
- Paint material is water-based and nontoxic
- Approximately 95% utilization of paint with no overspray, drip or drain losses
- Complete paint coverage ¿ no touchup ever required
Rotor longevity, abrasive wear-resistance and strength are ensured via Cryo-Stop's deep cryogenic process. Cooled to -300 degrees F and then slowly returned to room temperature, the process permanently and dramatically affects the metal structure inhibiting internal oxidation and increasing thermal fatigue resistance. Cryogenically treated rotors can last up to three times as long as untreated rotors.
Cryo-Stop Premium Rotors also feature a double disc ground, taper-free finish for quieter, smoother stops. Double disc grinding ensures parallelism, eliminates run out and provides near perfect disc thickness variation (DTV). Double disc grinding leaves a non-directional finish on the friction surface area, as well, for more effective pad/rotor break-in.
And for enhanced braking power and safety, an O.E. specification center-split core casting provides proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency.
The rotors are also 100% fully machined, including the rotor hats. This extra process provides better rotor balance and creates a cleaner, more finished looking component. Finally, all Cryo-Stop rotors are 100% inspected for balance and mill-corrected to a tolerance of less than 2 oz. per inch.
We Also Recommend
Stoptech 309.11240 Sport Rear Brake Pads w/Shims & Hardware (86,BRZ,FR-S,Forester,Impreza WRX)
Stoptech 309.15390 Sport Front Brake Pads w/Shims & Hardware (86,BRZ,FR-S,Forester,Impreza WRX...)
Stoptech 309.10040 Sport Rear Brake Pads with Shims & Hardware (04-05 Subaru Impreza WRX)
Stoptech 120.47018CRY Cyro Treated Brake Rotor Front Disc (03-08 Subaru Impreza WRX)